Is your office chair a pain in the back?
The average person sits for around 13 hours a day. Did you know that backache is one of the most common reasons for absenteeism at work?
Neither did I. In Europe, about 80% of employees have back pain and a third of them suffer from chronic back pain. That’s a LOT of people with sore backs out there – and that’s just one one continent!
Headaches, tension, impaired digestion and concentration… These all stem from sitting incorrectly.
To be honest, I never gave a second thought to my office chair. When my back got sore, I just figured it had to do with stress.
About two months ago I was contacted to try out a new health office chair from Dauphin HumanDesign Company. I was intrigued. An office chair endorsed by the Ergonomics Society of South Africa (ESSA) – it had to be good.
They very kindly dropped the chair off and showed me how it worked. Nothing complicated. It felt nice; looked nice too. See how comfortable I look? (I didn’t want to give it back!)
Healthy seating AND kills germs
The chair I tried (the Dat-o operator) is incredibly designed to support your spine.
They also have another fantastic health chair in their range called the X-code, which combats germs as well as supports the spine.
DAT-O OPERATOR CHAIR FACTS & INFO
- No. 155 height and width adjustable arms
- Delta synchron mechanism with tension adjustment for added lumbar support
- 1 lever for gas height adjustment
- 1 lever for backrest locking facility in five positions
- Sliding seat for depth adjustment up to 5 cm
- Seat tilt adjustment (-1deg or -4deg)
- Adjustable lumbar support cushion to provide additional support to the back vertebrae
- Black nylon base (70 cm) on castors
- Fabric: Back – black mesh, Seat – upholstered in WW Vulcan black fabric
- Price: R5 147.00 Excl. VAT
Invest in your back
I never thought about investing in a proper quality office chair until now. It makes sense though, doesn’t it?
All the time we spend sitting – and sitting for long periods of time is bad enough for our health. So, this is definitely something I’m seriously considering – and it’s been added to my Christmas shopping wish list!
If you’d like to find out more about this chair and other furniture and office chairs made by the Dauphin HumanDesign Company, contact them or connect on their social media pages. These are the details for the South African branches, but they have offices worldwide.
Telephone (SA): 011 447 9888 or 021 448 3682
Facebook: Dauphin HumanDesign Group South Africa
Disclaimer: This was not a paid for post – all views are my own.