I haven’t taken part in a blog hop in MONTHS, so I thought it would be quite fun to join in Lizzie’s “10 Things” this week. And it just happens to be along the lines of good health, so it fits in here quite nicely, I think!
Instead of posting the obvious stuff like air, water, health, job, food, shelter, etc., I’m listing a few unexpected things that I’ve thought about over the last few days, which in a weird way – I’m actually kind of thankful for!
- NOT being famous. Okay, maybe being a world-famous writer isn’t the same as being a reality TV star…but still. People committing suicide or hiding millions of dollars in tax evasion because the fame – or whatever – got too much, is scary.
- A nightmare job. Because the working environment was so bad, it forced me to take that leap and discover an unknown love for writing!
- Being gluten-intolerant. So I can’t (well I can, but my body won’t love it much) eat normal bread anymore, but having wheat suddenly not be an option anymore, made me discover that I actually really enjoy eating healthy food and cooking.
- Reality TV shows. I don’t care how dumb they are…it’s a fun escape sometimes, for me anyway… Seeing what drama the Housewives of Beverly Hills are up to, or what nonsense the Kardashians are blowing out of control. It’s good trashy TV. And no, I don’t classify Honey Boo Boo in that category…that’s so bad it doesn’t even get a category!
- Being a kid of the 90s. I don’t care what any kid says about technology and what not today, you just can’t compare it to back then. That was THE decade for everything – music, classic sitcoms, and unforgettable movies.
- Being short. I can zip in and between mall crowds like it’s no one’s business!
- Burning muscles. Jillian Michaels workout DVDs. We’ll leave it at that.
- Having bad handwriting. Well, I CAN write neatly if I try – I even used to get awards at school for neatness, but I like my swirls. Makes me feel a LOT more creative!
- Dirty dishes in the kitchen sink. It reminds me that I have a loving household and that we enjoying eating together. (I can’t take the credit for this one…borrowed it from Kelly over at RealHousewife, it was too good not to post!)
- Criticism at work. Usually, this makes me try a different angle and tap into some part of my brain I didn’t know was there to get something right. But I can only handle so much. Sometimes it’s nice to hear, “Good job” every now and then too!
What about you, do YOU have any unexpected things you’re thankful for?