It might sound a bit ridiculous, especially if you’re working more than eight hours a day, or if you’re a full-time mom.
The truth is, we ALL need some “me time”…every single day. Even if it’s only for 5 minutes.
It’s so easy to say, “I don’t have time!”, but come on…really, what’s five minutes?
I don’t know about you, but there’s nothing that can’t wait for a few minutes.
The world won’t stop, your life doesn’t depend on it, and all hell is not going to break loose.
So give yourself a break.
If you’re like me and work from home, you might be harder on yourself and try and push to do even more than what you should because you feel guilty.
Or maybe that’s just me…
Anyway, I’ve been working from home for the past 8 months and realised something.
If I don’t have some “me time” at least once a day, I get irritated. Not only that, my stress levels shoot through the roof.
So, what am I talking about and what qualifies as “me time”?
Well, anything that you can fit into the space of five minutes I guess. You could take a few more minutes, or even an hour if you have the time to, but for the sake of this post, let’s keep it short and sweet.
- Set your alarm a little earlier and sleep in for a few extra minutes.
- Listen to some of your favourite music while getting ready for the day.
- Enjoy a cup of hot chocolate instead of coffee before work.
- Take a few deep breaths (even if it’s in the bathroom). Meditate.
- Do squats, jumping jacks, sit-ups, or lunges when you’re on a break.
For more ideas on how to find your “me time”, have a look at this recent short article I wrote for All4Women below:
Health and happiness…